Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Is it time yet?

Well, I know I'm only at 37 weeks and technically I have 3 more weeks until Ryan is due, but I am ready to be done - NOW! This blog will be used for venting, so for those reading for updates - sorry, there's nothing more to update.

I started feeling a little nauseous last night after dinner and it has continued into today. It kind of feels like morning sickness again (at least a normal person's morning sickness - not the one I previously had). I feel really queasy for a few hours and then it kind of goes away, only to come back later.

I've been reading everything I can find on the web about early labor signs and praying that he will hurry up, but now I'm starting to think he's going to wait until the last second just to drive me insane. For 90% of this pregnancy I have been really good about not having any mood swings or trying to keep them from showing, but they are definitely starting to crop up more often. Poor Michael never knows which wife he is dealing with - the one who is happy and excited about the baby and cleaning in preparation, the sad one who just lays on the couch, or the angry one who complains and says "I'm ready to be done now!"

Oh well, I guess it's only 3 more weeks - or possibly earlier (fingers crossed). We go to the doctor tomorrow at 9 a.m. and every Wednesday at 9 a.m. until after Ryan is born so I'm hopeful that we'll get some good news. If nothing else, I would like to hear that I've dilated some more and am effaced, just so I feel like these contractions (which are steadily gaining in strength) are at least good for something.

Can't wait to post the pictures of our new bundle of joy. Wish us luck!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there Tamra! He'll be here before you know it. I'm so excited for you. Good luck :) - Stephanie