Friday, June 6, 2008

10 days and counting

Well, we went to the doctor this week and it looks as though Ryan has decided to become an acrobat - he has completely flipped around. After weeks, months really, of being head down he waits until week 37 to go feet down. As a result, we now have to have a C-section which is scheduled for noon on June 16 at North Austin Medical Center.

I'm a little sad that we won't get to do the whole "It's time!" rushing around to the hospital thing but it is nice to be able to plan things. Such as my mom coming up, when my last day of work is, etc... BTW, my last day at work will be Thursday, June 12 and I will spend Friday through Sunday with my feet up relaxing in preparation of this huge, life-changing event.

So now I've been reading up on all things C-section as I wasn't planning on this but it looks like whether you have natural birth or c-section, it all hurts. I'm trying to not to think too much about the procedure itself as this will be my first stay in a hospital or major surgery. I'm just focusing on the fact that 10 days from now Michael and I will have our little boy here. I'm definitely looking forward to not having something rolling around in my stomach but I'm sure I'll miss how portable he is right now. :)

So, for everyone who has been wondering when we'll actually go into labor, the time is set - Monday, June 16 at noon (as long as we don't get bumped for an emergency c-section which we probably will) unless I go into labor early. We'll try to get the blog updated as soon as possible with the story and pictures but Michael will have his hands full helping me recover and taking care of little Ryan as at our hospital the baby is housed in-room.

Can't wait for everyone to meet our new boy!

No comments: