Again, I'm a little behind the times, but I wanted to announce the arrival of Tygan Reef Schneider (my sister's, Tiffany's, son). He came last Sunday, July 6 in the afternoon and he weighed the exact same as Ryan - 7 lbs, 14 ounces. He also looks a lot like his older cousin (Ryan) - so much so that Michael and I were pretty stunned when we saw him in the hospital nursery. They have the same round face and little nose. Michael and I were lucky enough to be in Portland over the July 4th weekend when Tiffany went into labor so we got to meet our nephew on the day he was born.
Ryan is still doing well. I'm anxious to see what his weight is at our next doctor's appt. which is still a few weeks away - hopefully he's gained quite a bit. He's still wearing newborn size clothes and I can't wait until he fits in 0-3 months because he has so many cute clothes in that size. He's growing though, and we've begun to notice that he looks at us more and follows us with his eyes. Also, he does a great impersonation of Maggie from The Simpsons with his pacifier - he makes the same sucking sound as her and his pacifier moves up and down like hers. When he really gets on it, it's hard to pull it out of his mouth.
He also had his first real smile the other day. He's had the corners of his mouth curl up before but he was sleeping and dreaming I guess because he opened his mouth so wide you could see teeth if he had any and he actually made a laughing sound. So we're counting it as his first smile.
But even on the worst days, when he's been a little fussy and cries more than usual, motherhood is still amazing and I caught myself thinking again about our next one - hopefully a little girl. But we'll definitely wait until this one stops running us ragged through the night. :)
'Til next time...
1 comment:
OMG tamra that is awesome!!! Congrats to you and your husband on such a handsome little guy. Also I cant believe Tiff is a mommy that is so neat. Hows she liking it? How has she been? I have been unable to get in contact with her and wish I could. Hope all is well and welcome to motherhood. Its the most amazing time in my life!!!
Post a Comment