onderful friend and neighbor Heike (and Kelly and the boys) for offering their house for the shower. Everything was beautiful and we had a full house as roughly 25 people made the trek up to Round Rock.Baby Ryan received some beautiful gifts including many outfits, blankets, nursery items, bottles, pacifiers, bath essentials, a diaper genie and of course some Texas A&M gifts - a must-have for this Aggie family. I had a great time opening presents even though part of the time I wasn't exactly sure what the gifts were but all the moms in attendance and even some of my friends without kids were nice enough to explain some of the items. I'm sure Michael and I will get the hang of the baby lingo very quickly come June. :-)
Michael and I have a little private war of whether Ryan is more of a baseball player or
soccer player. I say that judging from the kicks in my stomach he's a soccer player but the doctor said he's head down so those things I'm feeling could be him hitting with his fists. Michael said he's practicing his throwing arm and I say he's practicing his throw-ins. I guess we'll find out when he gets here. Of course, the shower wasn't much help as we seemed to receive an abundance of baseball outfits which Michael was very excited about. But his favorite item was the video baby monitor given to us by his family - any new electronic equipment get him excited.I have to say, though, that I found the baby shower to be a little more stressful than my wedding shower. I'm not sure if it's just hormones, but I felt like I didn't get enough time to talk to everyone who showed up. I know everyone was there to see me and talk about how things are going and I only had about 5 minutes with someone before having to move to the next person. So if anyone feels like they didn't get enough time to connect, I apologize and hopefully this blog will keep you up to date. Also, don't hesitate to call and we can always meet up for lunch or dinner. I'm pretty much always hungry now. :-)
I want to take a second to throw out a few more thank-yous to everyone who hel
ped make the shower a success this weekend. Thanks to my sister, Tiffany, and my mom, Pam, for helping coordinate everything; Heike for letting us use her beautiful house and providing nice decorations; my Aunt Rita for making a gorgeous and delicious cake (it was just what I was craving); my Aunt Elva for helping get everything ready the day of; and my friend Brandi for making the punch and helping set up. Michael and I (and Ryan) appreciate everything you guys did.For everyone who made it, if you took any pictures that came out great, please send some to me by e-mail at tamra.spence@gmail.com and I'll put them in Ryan's baby book. Thanks again for everyone who showed up - I can't wait to get the nursery in order and dress him up in the adorable outfits!
1 comment:
What an awesome way to keep us up to date! Tamra and Michael, you guys are awesome and I can't wait to meet baby Ryan! I'm glad I could help out with the shower and just know that we are there for ya when you need us!
Love,
Heike
Post a Comment