Tamra here -Michael and I went in for our 27 week check-up today - our last 4 week check-up. From here on we are now on once every two weeks until I am 36 weeks pregnant - then we go to once a week visits. This visit we did the standard check-ups (weight, blood pressure, etc.) and they also measured the belly.
We were very happy to see that I gained 7 pounds since my last visit on March 3 and my belly is measuring at 28 centimeters (they say your belly should measure the same centimeters as the number of weeks you are pregnant so we are right on target!) I also had my glucose test which checks for gestational diabetes. I had to drink about 12 ounces of a sugar drink that tasted like a very sweet Sunkist within 5 minutes. After the first drink I thought it wasn't so bad and didn't know what other people had complained about because it didn't taste too bad. But by the fourth swallow, that syrupy-sweet drink was making me gag! Anyway, they took the blood and we should find out the results at our next appointment on April 9 - our fingers are crossed that the results are normal so I don't have to do the more extensive test of drinking more of the glucose mixture and let them take blood every hour for three hours - no fun!
Right now we are trying to clean house and get the nursery in some fashion of order as our friends and families will be coming into town this weekend for our first shower. Little Ryan's room is starting to come together.
We will put photos up occasionally on this blog but we are also planning on storing the bulk of our photos elsewhere; we will post links whenever we upload them. One thing we are excited about with regards to this blog is that it is a way to let everyone keep up with our lives and it will give Michael something to do when I'm in labor. Our hospital has wireless internet so we plan on getting information and photos online as soon as absolutely possible.
No comments:
Post a Comment