Sunday, May 4, 2008

Third trimester fun

I am definitely in the third trimester. I am starting to feel huge, I have totally lost my center of gravity (ask Michael as he has to catch me from falling over quite often) and even though I try to fight those pregnancy hormones, I occasionally still get angry or weepy for absolutely no reason at all.

Well, we finally got a visit from Braxton Hicks and I rarely go a day without at least one contraction. A couple of weeks ago I had more than five in an hour and my doctor had me come in to make sure I wasn't dilating. Luckily I wasn't but she told me to keep track and anytime I have more than 5 in an hour I need to come in to get checked and make sure that I'm not going into pre-term labor.

The nursery is finally getting close to finished. We need to put curtains up and move the stuffed animals from the top of the changing table (although they look really cute there) but the bed is made up minus the bumper pad which some places say you shouldn't have anyway, and I've got all his clothes washed and put away. We have one more shower left, my work shower, which will be held this week so I'm really excited to see what we got and go get the rest of what we need for when Ryan comes home.

Speaking of bringing Ryan home, I took a big step toward that this weekend. Although I didn't trade in the Mach 1, it will be going in the for sale pages now that I bought the ultimate soccer mom-mobile - a suburban! It's definitely different driving a suburban rather than a mustang, but I think I'll get used to it quickly. Besides, I only want the best for little Ryan. We got a great deal on the suburban and it has all the options we were hoping for.

No comments: